Presented by John Selep,
Co-Founder and Board Chair at AgTech Innovation Alliance
Through the duration of the five modules, John will guide participants of all experience levels through a myriad of topics, including but not limited to: What is startup investing, identifying rich sources of deal flow, angels groups, financials/revenue projections, and more.
The Startup Investor School (Investor's Toolkit) will help you better understand how the top angel investors create an outsized return through selecting high-quality startups and strategically building their startup equities portfolio.
The Five Modules Will Cover:
Why Consider Startup Investing?
• What is Startup Investing?
• Why consider Startup Investing?
• Who can be a Startup Investor?
• Portfolio Theory of Startup Investing
• Financial Realities of Startup Investing
• Financial & Tax-Law Benefits for Startup Investors
• Non-Financial Benefits of Startup Investing
The Startup Investment Process
• Financial Life of a Startup
• Where Angels fit
• The Startup Investment Process
• A Numbers Game
• Sourcing Deals
• Structuring the Deal
• Equity & Note Deal Terms
• Platforms in the Funding Ecosystem
Identifying Startups for Investment
• Identifying Rich Sources of Deal Flow
• Angels Groups
• Invest as part of an Angel Group
• Angel Group Process
• Local Startup Ecosystems
• Screening Entrepreneur Pitches
• Problem & Value Proposition
• Business Model and Pricing
• Go-To-Market Strategy
• The Solution (Technology)
• The Team
• Financials & Revenue Projections
• Investment Readiness
Due Diligence to Protect your Investment
• Due Diligence Reduces Bad Investments
• Fraud Does Happen – Be Vigilant
• Un-Intended Omissions
• Due-Diligence Framework
• TAM – Market and Customers
• Traction – Product / Service
• Timing – Business Model / Financials
• Terms – The Investment Offer
• Discoveries During Due Diligence
• Moving to Complete the Transaction
How Startup Investing Works (An Example)
• Important Valuation Relationships
• Milestones and New Venture Financing
• Capitalization Tables
• Cap Table Math
• Multi-Stage Financing
• Acquisition / Liquidation Waterfall
I want to access my Investor's Toolkit.
Sign me up!
*We will be in touch every week via email with the next module as you complete each module. No need to fill out the above form a second time! You will have seven days to watch the first module sent directly to you after filling out the above form, and on the seventh day, you'll receive another email containing your second module, and so on, until you reach your fifth and final module.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.